You will need to download a placeholder app(link) that you will need to download and run in Xcode on your phone. The app is absolutely empty and contains no logic, the only purpose is to allow starting fake locations to the phone.
Step #2. Testing setup.
- Open a placeholder app that we downloaded on step 1.2. by double-click GoTrainer.xcworkspace. Xcode should pop-up. Follow any requests or recommendations that Xcode will bring, as you lunching it first time it may ask you to accept some Terms of Service or download additional modules.
- Connect your phone with a cable to your computer.
- Open devices management in Xcode by pressing Window > Devices and in list of devices find phone that you just connected and press “use for development”. (Note: I do not have device that is not available for development, so can not provide an exact screenshot, you will need to figure it out own your own.)
- Come back to the main window and select your phone from dropdown. Press build & run. Give it some time to run the app on the phone.
- At this point you should be able to see instructions on the screen of iPhone, so go ahead and select the desired route from Xcode dropdown.
- Minimize the app, but keep your phone connected and Xcode on. Run Pokemon Go and verify that your trainer is in the place of the route and is walking by itself. Enjoy 😃
- If you want to change a route or location you can return back to Xcode and repeat step 2.5.
Step #3. Modifying your routes.
- Duplicate one of existing routes from Route folder in the list by selecting it and pressing File > Duplicate.
- Go to Google Maps (http://maps.google.com) and collect coordinates of desired route points simply by clicking points that you need.
- Modify content of recently duplicated .gpx file by replacing coordinates with those you just collected in 3.2. Add any additional points that you need but increase the time vaulue for each point. Time attribute will be used to define speed of walk for you trainer, so do not define it too low or too high to pretend like you are walking.
- Ensure that the last coordinate of the route is the same as the first coordinate of the route. In such case you will get smooth walking in rounds. Most likely anti-cheating system does not find you.
This is it. By now you should be able to catch `em all no matter what part of the world they are. I recommend to be accurate with this cheat and do not change location quickly, since your account can be blocked for some time from accessing items from PokeStops. If you want to appear somewhere, it is better to define a route from the place where you are to the place where you want to be and ensure that speed of travel is reasonable. I am sure that eventually even this way of cheating will be prevented by analysis, but you will just need to define more random / zig-zag ways of travel so they will look more natural to workaround this. Good luck!